stickK is a free goal-setting platform created by behavioral economists at Yale University. Unlike other goal-setting platforms, our methodology is specifically structured to help individuals, groups and companies leverage the power of incentives and accountability and is empirically proven to increase people’s chances of success by up to 3x.
No matter what your goal is - learning a language, losing weight, quitting smoking, watching less TV or exercising more often - stickK can help you achieve it.
How stickK Works
- Think it. — What’s your goal?
- Define it. — Describe the actions you’re going to take to get there.
- Materialize it! — Make it a Commitment Contract.
Commitment Contracts are the magic behind stickK that will help you stick to your word. It’s the remedy for procrastination that is backed by over 20 years of behavioral economic research and over 10 years of experience. Oh, and did we mention they are completely free to create?
A Commitment Contract is a voluntary, deliberate and binding agreement between present you and future you.
By creating a Commitment Contract, you put your goal in writing, set a deadline, and give yourself additional incentives to achieve it.
Put your money where your mouth is!
Our 10+ years of experience show us that you are 300% more likely to achieve your goal if you put money on the line.
Add Stakes to your Commitment Contract and you’ll increase your chances of success. If you're unsuccessful at your goal, you choose where that money goes. Whether it’s a:
- Friend or Foe – a coworker, your mom, that 4th grade bully - choose anyone!
- Charity – from a list of 15+ 501(c)(3) organizations
- stickK – we'll thank you for helping us keep the lights on!
- or our most popular option...
- Anti-Charity – an organization you fervently oppose
Make an organization you despise work for you
Research shows that people work harder to ensure that their money never falls into the wrong hands.
Our most popular option, Anti-Charity, allows you to select an organization or foundation that you oppose – or one which promotes values that are contrary to your own – as the recipient of your lost stakes. Make an organization that you despise work for you to increase your chances of success by 630%.
Add Extra Accountability
- Ask friends and family to come support you on your quest!
- Select a Referee that can verify your Reports on your goal.
- Upload pictures to share your progress with your friends and family.
- Track your path from start to finish and achieve behavioral change by recording your thoughts, comments and milestones in your Commitment Journal.
Get Inspired! Join a Community of 600,000+ users
With a vibrant network of over 600,000 users, stickK’s Communities provide an unrivaled level of support, motivation and inspiration. See what other like-minded goal setters are committing to, motivate people like you with your creative Commitments and share your progress with them!
Our Communities include:
- Diet & Healthy Eating
- Education & Knowledge
- Exercise & Fitness
- Family & Relationships
- Green Initiatives
- Money & Finance
- Weight Loss
- Sports, Hobbies & Recreation
- Health & Lifestyle
As Featured in:
The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Bloomberg, Esquire, The Economist, NPR, LA Times, The Telegraph (UK), Men’s Health, Fast Company, … and lots more!
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at support@stickK.com.